- For adjectives: usually only one-syllable words.
- For adjectives: more than one-syllable, click here.
All below use "er than":
- better, happy, sad, tall, short, fat, skinny, cheap, cold, hot, high, low, rich, poor, easy, hard
verb + adj + er than
- He is taller than me.
- She works harder than John.
- Apples are cheaper than oranges.
- My laptop isn't faster than that yours.
- Is this car older than the blue one?
- My English teacher is crazier than my Spanish teacher.
- The Marketing Director is smarter than the CEO.
- Brazil is richer than Bolivia.
- English is easier to learn than Chinese.
- Italians seem happier than Germans. (adj ending in "y" = ier)
- Who is richer Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos?
- Mr. Jones speaks Arabic better than Roger.