> Relative causes give more information.
> Relative clause define or identify the noun that precedes them.
> Relative causes make a sentence clear and understandable.
- Do you know the girl who started in grade 7 last week? (person)
- Can I have the pencil that I gave you this morning? (thing)
- A notebook is a computer which can be carried around. (thing)
- I won't eat in a restaurant whose cooks smoke. (possessive)
- I want to live in a place where there is lots to do. (location)
- Yesterday was a day when everything went wrong! (time)
- source: Frankfurt Intl School click here for more about "clauses" from FIS