- Used when talking about doing something that requires too much work for the result.
- Should I fly 1st class from New York to Hong Kong? How much is the ticket?
It will cost your US$15,580. It's not worth it. Fly Business Class.
CLICK & LISTEN
- I would like to do a Round-The-World trip for 15 days. That isn't enough time. It's not worth it.
- The new Jeep Cherokee is now available in Brazil. Yeah, but it's not worth the price.
- I paid US$10,000 per hectare for my small farm.
Wow, do you think it was worth that price?
- I want my children to learn Mandarin.
It may be worth it since China is an important top economy.
- The IPad is expensive and not worth it unless you are an Internet geek.
- I heard that there are a lot of IT jobs in the US.
Yeah, but it isn't worth going unless it is with one to the top five companies.
- Have you decided to apply for the new job in New York?
No, it is not worth it. The cost of living there is outrageous.
- I want to get an MBA in the US, but I was told it isn't worth it unless you plan to live and work there. It might be a waste of time.
- I'm going for an MBA at the age of 55. Do you think it is worth it?
Not unless you work in one of the high paying sectors like Finance or IT.