for giving advice or suggesting
- If you want to speak fluently, you should practice speaking an hour a day.
- You shouldn't watch so much TV. It is a waste of time.
- You should go out more and speak with people to improve your English.
- Should I study English or Chinese for a career in International Business?
- You shouldn't speak loudly when you are in public.
EXAMPLES: should have
- I should have studied Chinese instead of English at the university.
- You should have listened to me when I told you to go abroad to learn English.
- Roger shouldn't have gotten into an argument with his Boss.
- Should I have asked her about her accounting problems with the Singapore branch?
- Should you have worked studied harder before the test? I think so!