- To continue to do (something).
"they would have preferred to keep on working."
synonyms: continue, go on, carry on, persist in.
to keep on + verb + ing
- If you keep on smoking, it is going to ruin your health.
- He kept on arguing with the teacher and got kicked out of the class.
- The Marketing Director kept on using the same app and got hacked!
to keep + verb + ing
- If Trump keeps on raising tariffs on Chineses imports, it is going to cause problems for both countries.
- If you keep practicing your English every day, you will be speaking English well in a short time.
- If sales keep on improving, we're gonna be rich! CLICK & LISTEN!